Android Things was first announced by Google in December last year
Now Google has released it’s Android things 2nd preview for the developer with many bug fixes and enhanced features. Google want to create a better Internet of Things(IoT) with the power of android.
New features are included in Android Things Developer preview 2:
- Support for USB Audio to the Hardware Abstraction Layer for the Intel Edison and Raspberry Pi 3
- Support for Intel Joule platform
- Enhanced Bluetooth Stack features
- Native peripheral API
- Peripheral manager reporting
- TensorFlow sample
Statement — According to Google, They offer the most computing power in its IoT which totally up-to-date.
Google have created a TensorFlow sample which helps in demonstration accessing the camera, performing object recognition and image classification, and speaking out the results using text-to-speech (TTS).
Some issues in Developer 1 Preview were:
- System power management.
- Bluetooth And USB API.
- Google Play Services requires 2-3 minutes on first boot to Pre-optimize DEX.
- Not all API were available.
- It was only available in Intel Edison, NXP Pico, and Raspberry Pi 3 development boards
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe Us And Get Latest Tech News, Hacking News, Science News, And Latest Gadgets News Directly Delivered To Your Inbox
Thank You For Subscribing. Verification Email Has Been Send To You. Please Verify !
Something Went Wrong.