Earlier this year, Mark Zuckerberg announces to dedicate this year in the making of an AI named ‘Butler’ inspired from the Tony Stark’s AI J.A.R.V.I.S from the iron man film series using his facebook tools.He also announced that this AI technology will be essential for facebook’s future.
Mark has built a simple AI that can to which he can talk through his phone and computer and it can control his home, lights, temperature, appliances, music etc. it also has the capability to learn new concepts and words. It also uses several artificial techniques like natural language processing, speech recognition, face recognition and reinforcement learning written in PHP, Python etc. Mark’s home uses a Creston system to control lights, thermostat, and doors, a Sonos system with Spotify for music, a Samsung TV, a Nest cam for Max, and Facebook’s own internal systems. The AI will also be able to speak and it is voiced by Morgan Freeman. This system is modeled on J.A.R.V.I.S that stands for Just A Rather Very Intelligent System.
What does Mark’s AI can do?
- Talk to Crestron system to control lights, thermostat, and doors
- Work with Sonos system with Spotify for music
- Control TV
- Make a toast using a toaster
- Fire a fresh t-shirt to Zuckerberg using a t-shirt cannon hooked up to the system
- It can control lightning of home
- The AI helps Mark to dress up by sending the dress through dressing canon developed by Mark himself.
- It can make toast for Zuckerberg
- It uses Face Recognition Technology to let Mark’s friends in and inform him.
But it is still in development and learning many things.
Good news for Facebook Users:
Recently Mark revealed that facebook is working on building an ‘artificial brain’ and hopes to turn into a virtual personal assistant that can also sort through a mountain of photos, videos, and comments posted by its next billion or so users. Called M, it is named after James Bond’s secretary, Moneypenny. Facebook’s artificial intelligence team revealed its work at an industry conference this week. Among its accomplishments is the development of software that can analyze a photo and answer questions about what it shows, or study a picture of toy blocks and predict whether they will fall over.