Here are 5 ways to increase your computer’s performance
1.Increase Your Processor’s Speed- Go to run window and type “prefetch” or “%temp%” and press enter and you will be directed to a folder, they are junk files produced by the processor, you need to just delete them by pressing shift+del and your speed will increase.
2. Increase Your RAM’s Speed- Here I am going to tell three ways:-
- You can increase speed by allotting some space of hard disk as a virtual memory that will act like virtual RAM. Right-click on my computer icon and go to properties and then click advanced system settings. Then in the performance bar click on settings and click on change button, then deselect “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives”. Then click on custom size radio button and enter the size you want in MB and same in maximum size and then click on set and OK button.
- You can also use your pen drive to increase size. You can do it by plugging your pen drive and right click its icon and click properties. Then click on the “ReadyBoost” tab and there you either select “Dedicate this device……” or “use this device” option and set the memory you want to give for speeding up and it will act like your virtual RAM.
- You can also increase its speed by stopping unwanted processes running in the background that releases the space occupied by the process. You can do it by typing “task” in the windows search bar and clicking on “view running processes with task manager” and then clicking on the processes tab and selecting the process and clicking on end process button.
WARNING: Do not end the processes and services of windows and also the processes and services about which you don’t know.
3. Shortcut virus problem- we all face problems with the shortcut virus in the pen drives. To get rid of it, follow the steps
- Go to the run window and type cmd
- Then type the code attrib -h -r -s /s /d (drive name):*.*
- In the drive name enter your pen drive name like I, F, G.
Then press enter key and wait for some time;
4. Creating a backup and recovering your system- You have to follow two steps:-
- Go to the control panel from your windows startup and click on “Backup and Restore” and in the side panel, click on “Create a system image” and select the option of the drives where you want to store the backup (I would recommend storing the backup in one of your hard disk drives) and click next. Your backup creation of C drive will start and after that in the backup and restore window, click on create a system repair disk and remember to insert a blank CD before clicking on that option and follow the steps through the window.
- Now for recovery, insert the system repair disk and boot the computer and go through the options and at last you will see some tools and from there click on “restore through system image” and go through the steps as directed in the window and wait for sometimes until restore and your computer will restart automatically and your computer will be restored at that point of time of your backup and please don’t forget to backup time to time if you install new softwares and applications in your C: drive.
5. Run disk and software utilities by schedule to maintain your hard disk drives and your PC and manage your disk spaces wisely by using the following steps
- Remove unwanted files and contents from your disks by removing them from recycle bin because if you remove them your disks they don’t get deleted unless you remove them from recycle bin and use proper disk cleaners and softwares to increase space on disks.
- Use proper antivirus software and update it timely so as to protect your PC and if you don’t want to buy or don’t have antivirus softwares then download and use Microsoft Security Essentials from the net as it is open source and free of cost and update it timely, your PC will be protected.
- Run utilities like disk backup, disk checker and disk defragmenter from tools tab by right clicking on the disk and going to properties and clicking on the tools tab. It manages your disk spaces.
- Never save and store your important files on C drive use another location on any other disk other than C drive. Sometimes it is found that some files in the pen drives or removable drives disappears as plugged in and checked by the anti virus but the disk bar shows full, “So, Don’t get worried!”. Just disable your antivirus from the notification box and follow the steps:-
- Go on the drive and in the options bar select organize>folder and search options
- Click on the view tab and under it select the “Show hidden files, folders and drives” button and also deselect “Hide protected operating system files” check box.
- Click Apply and then Ok.
- Now go to the drive and you will be able to see your hidden files, just save, copy or move it to another location.
- Now select “Don’t show hidden files, folders and drives” button and also select “Hide protected operating system files” checkbox and again click Apply and then OK. Your files and contents are recovered.
These were some tips and tricks and now, if you want to know about more troubleshooters and problems then please comment or sent requests to our site.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe Us And Get Latest Tech News, Hacking News, Science News, And Latest Gadgets News Directly Delivered To Your Inbox
Thank You For Subscribing. Verification Email Has Been Send To You. Please Verify !
Something Went Wrong.